Two chemicals mixed at Wis. resort cause explosion - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Two chemicals mixed at Wis. resort cause explosion

OCONOMOWOC (WKOW) -- Police say a resort employee mixed two chemicals that sparked an explosion in Oconomowoc.

It happened Tuesday about 8:45 a.m. at the Olympia Resort & Conference Center.

Police Chief Dave Beguhn says the employee was mixing chlorine with another chemical in the laundry room in the basement. He says employees are told which chemicals can be mixed, and in this case the employee apparently made "an unfortunate error."

The worker had broken bones and a mild chemical burn. Thirty other resort employees and four emergency responders went to the hospital as a precaution. Beguhn says one emergency worker suffered a mild chemical burn to the foot.

Powered by Frankly