Firefighters say alarm system saved home - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Firefighters say alarm system saved home


MEDINA (WKOW) -- Firefighters say an alarm system saved a home in the Town of Medina from being destroyed.

"I strongly believe if he didn't have an alarm, his house would have been burned down," said Marshall Fire Chief Blair Pierce.

Firefighters arrived to the home on the 1200 block of Schenk Lane around noon on Saturday. Smoke was visible from outside.

Crews put the fire out in 30 seconds. Investigators believe it started when an electric water heater malfunctioned.

No one was home at the time.

Powered by Frankly