Cooking fire damages Madison apartment - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Cooking fire damages Madison apartment


MADISON (WKOW) -- The Madison Fire Department says a small fire caused minor damage to an apartment east of downtown.

Firefighters were called to the 1900 block of East Washington Avenue around 1:10 p.m. Saturday afternoon.  Fire crews say they noticed smoke when they got there.

No one was home at the time.  The rest of the building's occupants were able to get out safely.  No one was hurt.

Firefighters say a child that lives in the apartment was cooking on the stove and forgot to turn it off when the family left for the afternoon.

The family will be able to stay in their apartment.

Powered by Frankly