JUNEAU (WKOW) -- Sgt. Dennis Walston of the Dodge County Sheriff's Department is praising his officers Monday for their life saving measures.
Dodge County sheriff's officials say a fire started Sunday night at N2189 Hwy EE.
Barbara Riese, 48, said her boyfriend, George Hanson, 59, was still in the home and is handicapped.
Two deputies found Hanson in the entry way and pulled him out of the house safely.
Hanson was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Sgt Dennis Walston said, "We all willingly accept assignments knowing that some are more dangerous than others. It's just really great when you realize that your actions saved a life."
5727 Tokay Blvd., Madison, WI 53719
News Tips: 608-273-2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org