Spontaneous combustion sparks Madison garage fire - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Spontaneous combustion sparks Madison garage fire

MADISON (WKOW) -- The Madison Fire Department points to spontaneous combustion as the source of a garage fire on the city's southeast side.

Officials say a newspaper carrier called in the fire at 2906 Harriman Lane Sunday morning.

Firefighters say rags used to stain the home's floors spontaneously combusted while they were in a garbage can outside the home. It burned up some siding and plants outside the home.

No one was inside at the time.

Damage is estimated at about $15,000.

Powered by Frankly