MADISON (WKOW) -- Madison Police and city traffic engineers have been hard at work determining how to manage traffic and construction around Warner Park.
They've set up shuttle services and made suggested routes for motorists heading to the event Saturday.
They also are planning to have several crash investigation sites near Warner Park, where motorists are encouraged to pull over into, if a traffic crash occurs, so as not to block traffic. They're also staging several tow trucks in case, as well.
Below is the full press release and information about Rhythm and Booms from the city of Madison:
A special traffic plan will again be put into effect to handle traffic exiting the Warner Park area after the Rhythm and Booms fireworks display on Saturday, July 2, 2011. Following are elements of the plan to guide pedestrians and motorists away from the park area after the event:
A goal of this exit traffic plan is to allow for safe travel home by minimizing traffic conflicts and delay for pedestrians, drivers and riders attempting to leave the Warner Park area. We've been successful in past years and anticipate that this year will also be successful. Spectators may help minimize congestion in the following ways:
(1) Bikers will find bike racks at several locations within the park.
(2) Take advantage of the shuttle bus. Arrive early and park in the MATC parking lot to ride the shuttle bus to and from Warner Park.
(3) Ride Madison Metro. Metro will have extra buses at the North Transfer Station, on Huxley at Aberg. Call 266-4466 for schedule and route information. Last bus leaves at 11:30 p.m.
(4) Have patience. Traffic delays can be expected, but traffic delays will end earlier when drivers avoid collisions that temporarily close traffic lanes.
(5) Park According to Exit Direction. Motorists who park in the surrounding neighborhoods should park close to the desired exit direction. For example, those wishing to travel to the northwest should park northwest of Warner Park. The attached map illustrates the desired exit traffic flow pattern. Drivers should review this map and choose a parking area that will minimize travel distance and left turns onto main streets after the event.
Suggested Routes from Warner Park: