Charter Communications "Rhythm and Booms Flag Contest" official rules:
No purchase is necessary to enter or win this contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States, who reside in Wisconsin, are in grades 6th, 7th, or 8th, have the written permission of their parent/guardian in a form suitable to Sponsor and are enrolled in a middle school or equivalent learning facility. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Charter Communications Operating, LLC ("Sponsor"), Rhythm and Booms/Madison Fireworks Fund, Inc., WKOW-TV, and Entercom Communications and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. CONTEST TIMELINE: Contest begins at 8:00 a.m. CT on March 26, 2012 and ends 5:00 p.m. CT on May 11, 2012. Entries will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. CT on May 11, 2012. Those designs selected as the finalists will be placed, for viewing, on the following websites: www.chartermainstreet.com, www.wkow.com, www.rhythmandbooms.com, and www.wolx.com. The voting period runs from 5:00 p.m. CT on May 18, 2012 and ends at 5:00 p.m. CT on June 15, 2012.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this Contest by following the instructions located on the website www.rhythmandbooms.com/flagcontest and mailing or emailing your flag design that represents your ideals of one or more of the following themes: Rhythm and Booms, The State of Wisconsin, the United States of America, along with your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, age and e-mail address [if applicable],to Charter Communications, "Rhythm and Booms Flag Contest", c/o. Public Relations Department, W7185 State Highway 49, Waupun, WI 53963. Entry can be submitted on an 8½" x 11" white card stock(board) in acrylic or oil paints, magic markers, pen or ink or can be downloaded in JPEG format (300 dpi or greater) on a CD or attached as an email to email@example.com. Amateur designs only, no professional productions. No illicit or inappropriate entries will be accepted. Artwork can include up to four (4) colors. Regardless of entry method you may enter only once. All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. CT of the last date of the entry period, i.e. May 11, 2012. All votes must be received by 5:00 p.m. CT on June 15, 2012. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that a) entrant has all rights necessary to submit the design for display on www.wkow.com and www.wolx.com; and b) the design will not infringe upon or violate the right of privacy, or right of publicity, or constitute liable or slander against, or defame or violate or infringe upon any copyright, ownership rights, license, authority, trademark, or service mark, common law, or other right (including, without limitation, any other intellectual property rights or literary, dramatic, comedic, musical, or photo playwright of any person, entity, firm or corporation) or violate any applicable law.
4. CONTEST PROCEDURE: Nine (9) designs will be selected based on their quality and suitability as determined solely by the judges selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to alter the design before placing them on www.wolx.com, www.wkow.com or other media outlet for television viewing, as defined in Section 2 above. The nine(9) designs will be placed on www.wkow.com. The Winners will be selected based on the number of votes all designs receive via the www.wkow.com online voting procedure. One vote per person per day. The design with the highest number of votes will be awarded the Prize. The Winners will be determined by June 18, 2012. The Winners will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service by June 19, 2012.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one (1) Prize awarded. The Prize consists solely of: (i) one (1) 40" LCD HDTV; (ii) one (1) year of Charter TV service including Digital View Plus, Sports View, Faith & Values View, four premium options (HBO/Cinemax, Starz/Encore, Showtime/TMC, EPIX), HD Ultra View and one (1) HD/DVR Digital Receive, (iii) four (4) VIP seats at the Rhythm and Booms festivities, (iv) the opportunity to have the winning flag design flown at the event, and (v) participation in the Wisconsin National Guard Ceremonies. The approximate total retail value of the Prize is $3,100. The ten (10) designs will be selected based on the quality and suitability of the flag design and how it represents your ideals of one or more of the following themes: Rhythm and Booms, The State of Wisconsin, or the United States of America, as determined solely by the judges selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The Winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service by June 19, 2012. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prize permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian, and a parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign all documents required of winner including completing and returning an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification). The Prize is guaranteed to be awarded.
6. Prize conditions: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of issuance. The prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian, and a parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign all documents required of winner. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Contest and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winners' and entrants' flag design, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winners and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Contest.
7. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Contest, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest or the website. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in St. Louis, Missouri. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Rhythm and Booms/Madison Fireworks Fund, Inc., WKOW-TV, and Entercom Communications and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor's control. In the event the Contest is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Rhythm and Booms/Madison Fireworks Fund, WKOW-TV and Entercom Communications, and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Contest, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
10. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after June 25, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Charter Communications, "Rhythm and Booms Flag Contest" - WINNERS - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o Public Relations Department, W7185 State Highway 49, Waupun, WI 53963. All requests must be received by July 25, 2012. Official Rules also available at www.chartermainstreet.com; www.wkow.com; www.rhythmandbooms.com; and www.wolx.com.
12. SPONSOR: Charter Communications Operating, LLC. W7185 State Highway 49, Waupun, WI 53963.
This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.