MADISON (WKOW) -- Madison firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at a McDonald's restaurant on the 4600 Block of Verona Road at about 8:47 a.m. Sunday morning.
Firefighters found a small fire in the deep fryer that spread onto the roof.
The manager contained the fire with an extinguisher but the smoke vented from the hood system in the roof. Firefighters cleared the smoke quickly to prevent any more damage. Most of the damage is from smoke.
The restaurant re-opened a few hours later.
An investigator at the scene says the fire appears unintentional. Damage estimates are still being calculated. No one was injured.
MADISON (WKOW) -- The City of Madison Fire Department responded to a fire at McDonald's at about 8:47 a.m. Sunday.
The McDonald's is located at 9687 Verona Road. Everyone has been evacuated in the building.
Stay with WKOW for more information.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.