WASHINGTON (WKOW) – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced about 33,000 LED clip-on desk lamps made by He Shan Lide are being recalled due to a shock hazard.
The consumer agency says the power cord for the lamp can detach where it meets with the clamp, exposing energized wires. The group has received five reports of cords detaching, including one reported electric shock and one report of a child receiving burns to her hand and leg.
The lamps were sold exclusively at Lowe's nationwide from May 2011 to December 2011. The recall affects model numbers F3044-AC-01 (pink lamps) and F3044-AC-02 (blue lamps). The plug on the power cord is labeled, "KENIC KE 01P E155176".
If you have the recalled item, the
Consumer Product Safety Commission says you should stop using the lamp. Click here for more information on the recall, including how to get a full refund.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.