TOWN OF DANE (WKOW) -- The Town of Dane Fire Department is investigating a shed fire that broke out early Wednesday morning.
The blaze began at about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday at 6945 Sam Road.
Owner Matt Jesse says his wife woke up to the sound of loud explosions. When they walked out, they saw their entire shed on fire.
The shed housed all of the feed for their family's beef farm and machinery.
The fire chief says there were about 150 bails of large hay inside when it set fire, which is expected to smoke and smolder several days before it's out.
The owner says he knows this could have been much worse and taken the lives of more than 25 cattle, who were in the barn next door.
"Right now I'm just confused cause I've never been through this before and just frustrated it happened and glad it wasn't worse," said Jesse.
The fire chief says no one was hurt in the blaze.
Officials are still determining the cause, and the cost in damage.
The farm's owner says they plan to rebuild.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.