FRESNO, Calif. (WKOW) -- Yosemite officials are telling 1,700 past visitors they may have been exposed to rodent-borne disease.
Email alerts were sent Tuesday after a second person died of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, which can be carried in the urine, saliva and feces of infected deer mice.
All of the at-risk visitors had stayed in the "Signature Tent Cabins" in Yosemite National Park's Curry Village.
Park officials are warning those who stayed there from mid-June through the end of August to beware of any symptoms of hantavirus, which can include fever, aches, dizziness and chills.
Yosemite officials warn people to seek medical help immediately. There is no specific treatment for the respiratory illness.
Two other people were infected but are expected to survive.
5727 Tokay Blvd., Madison, WI 53719
News Tips: 608-273-2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org