TEXAS (WKOW) -- There's a warning going out to parents to pay close attention to the toys young children are playing with after an 8-month-old baby swallowed an expanding toy.
Her great grandmother and legal guardian says the baby probably thought it was a piece of candy. What she actually swallowed was a "Water Balz" toy, which starts out the size of a marble and is advertised to grow up to 400 times its original size when put in water.
It completely blocked her digestive system but doctors were able to catch it early and she did not have any complications.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.