MADISON (WKOW) -- The American Red Cross is helping seven people find housing Monday after a fire in a duplex.
The Madison Fire Department says firefighters were called around 3:30 p.m. to 2618 Greenway View. The fire was out by the time crews arrived.
Firefighters say a pan of grease was on the stove when it caught fire. A resident tried to put out the flames with water, which splattered onto him. He was treated by paramedics at the scene and was released.
The fire department says the blaze caused an estimated $10,000 in damage.
Firefighters say the home had working smoke alarms.
The occupants do have renters insurance.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.