MADISON (WKOW) -- Upon starting her work day Tuesday morning, an employee with the Dutch Mill Sports Club discovered the building full of smoke. The woman called 911 and attempted to put the fire out with a water extinguisher before firefighters arrived.
When crews arrived at 4818 Dutch Mill Road, the fire was already extinguished. Firefighters checked the building to make sure the fire did not extend into the walls or ceiling. The building was cleared of smoke by using natural ventilation.
City of Madison Fire Investigators say the fire was started by wires to a neon light, which was on 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The fire was contained to the main bar area.
The Dutch Mill Sports Club is presently closed due to damage, but hopes to open soon.
The fire caused an estimated $7,500 damage. No injuries were reported.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.