JANESVILLE (WKOW) -- About $300,000 worth of content is lost after a fire broke out at Humane Manufacturing in Janesville early Saturday morning.
Janesville Fire Department was dispatched to the 1300 block of Venture Drive around 4:45 a.m. for a large press on fire inside the building.
Humane Manufacturing told authorities that the press operates 24/7. The occupants of the building evacuated and no one was injured in the fire.
Authorities said the occupants directed firefighters to the back of the building to a door that provided easy access to the press on fire. The firefighters reported black smoke from the roof and it was coming out of the door of entry.
Firefighters said the fire sprinkler system was activated and kept the fire in check until crews were able to arrive and put the fire out.
Authorities said Alliant Energy assisted with shutting down electrical supply to the press.
Humane Manufacturing said production will re-start when the press has been repaired and the electrical supply can be determined safe to re-energize the machine.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.