Beloit home damaged in fire - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Beloit home damaged in fire

Posted:

BELOIT (WKOW)-- The Beloit Fire Department reports a overnight fire broke out on the 2000-block of Jackson Street in Beloit on Friday.

Officials arrived on scene around 12:30 a.m., and saw smoke coming from the rear of a single family home. There was also heavy smoke inside.

Officials say the fire began in the living room, and was caused by an extension cord failure, which caused the couch to ignite.

There was one woman home at the time of the fire. She was alerted by the smoke alarm and able to safely get out of the house. No injuries were reported.

The Beloit Fire Department says there is heat and smoke damage to the first floor, which caused about $40,000 in damages.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.