DARLINGTON (WKOW) -- Shortly after 10 o'clock Tuesday morning, the Darlington Police and Fire Departments, along with Rural Medical Ambulance Service, were called to Citizens bank for a report of a chemical spill.
The preliminary investigation revealed an aerosol can containing a static neutralizer, for use on electronics, somehow punctured and released all of its contents into the bank vault overnight.
The vault does not have an air exchange system. When employees opened the vault in the morning, vapors were released and were breathed in by three workers.
Those employees and one citizen were transported to Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County for treatment of respiratory ailments.
Fire Department personnel remained on scene until 11:30 a.m. to ventilate the building.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.