COLUMBUS (WKOW) -- The Columbus Police Department is investigating the recent death of two dogs.
It is suspected the dogs died from rat poison ingestion. In both incidents, the dogs were seen playing with "sticks", which turned out to be a form of rat poison.
At this time, it is unknown how the poison sticks were put in the yards. However, it is possible someone is intentionally targeting domestic pet dogs.
A small child found the stick in one of the yards and handled it.
Columbus police are cautioning all residents to check their properties for these poison sticks. If found, please handle safely, place them in a paper bag and contact the Columbus Police Department.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.