MADISON (WKOW) -- After a late Saturday morning fire, authorities estimate $100,000 of damage to a local restaurant.
The Madison Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire at the Bonfyre American Grille.
Patrick Quinlan, General Manager, released this statement Monday, "Due to the exhaust system fire, Bonfyre American Grille will be closed for repairs until further notice."
Quinlan went on to say, "we are diligently working with all of our vendors to make all necessary repairs and it is our goal to reopen as soon as possible, hopefully by the end of this week."
MADISON (WKOW) – After an early afternoon fire, authorities estimate $100,000 of damage to a local restaurant.
The Madison Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire around 10:40 a.m. on Saturday on the 2600 block of West Beltline Highway, the Bonfyre American Grille.
Lori Wirth, City of Madison Fire Department spokeswoman, said the restaurant was not open yet, but employees were getting ready to start the day. The employees smelled smoke and immediately evacuated the building. No one was hurt in the fire and neighboring restaurants were unaffected.
Wirth said the fire was mostly in the ceiling above the kitchen. There was little damage to the kitchen and almost zero damage to the rest of the restaurant. The estimated $100,000 of damage includes damage to the infrastructure and loss of product.
Wirth said the Madison Fire Department had the fire out within 30 minutes of arrival. The health department was called to the scene and the restaurant will not re-open until it receives a clean bill of health.