MADISON (WKOW) -- The Red Cross helps one person who was affected by a cooking fire that caused $20,000 in damages.
According to the Madison Fire Department, it happened about 9:00 p.m. on Friday on the 1000 block of Moorland Road.
Firefighters arrived to find a hallway filled with smoke. When they entered an apartment, flames were coming from the kitchen area.
The fire was caused by unattended cooking, which damaged the kitchen appliances and cabinets and caused moderate smoke damage.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.