MADISON (WKOW) -- The city of Madison Streets Department is giving out free sand to help keep icy sidewalks safe.
Streets officials say Sunday's heavy rain has made many sidewalks icy. The free sand is intended for Madison residents to use and not for large volume users like contractors and apartment management firms. The sand is mixed with small amounts of salt to prevent it from freezing.
You can pick up sand at any of the following locations.
• Sycamore Park (Parking lot off Sycamore Av.)
• Monona Golf Course (Monona and E. Dean)
• Olbrich Park (Softball parking lot off of Walter Street)
• Reindahl Park (Portage Avenue parking lot)
• Warner Park (Softball parking lot near N. Sherman Avenue)
• School Road Waste Oil Site (At the intersection of School and Wheeler Roads)
• Demetral Park (Softball parking lot off of Sixth Street)
• Tenney Park (In the beach parking lot off of Sherman Avenue)
• Garner Park (Parking lot off of Rosa Road)
• Elver Park (Softball parking lot off McKenna Boulevard)
• Brittingham Park (Boathouse parking lot)
• Glenway Golf Course (Parking lot off Speedway Road)
• Spring Harbor Parking Lot (The corner of Norman Way and Lake Mendota Drive)
• Yard Waste Site, 402 South Point Road
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.