MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- A 7-year-old Milwaukee boy who was hurt in a house fire has died.
The Milwaukee Medical Examiner's Office tells WISN-TV the boy died on Sunday. The fire started Saturday morning near S. 10th Street and West Hold Avenue in Milwaukee.
Fire officials are investigating what started the fire, but say there were no smoke detectors inside the house. The boy was taken to a hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- The seven-year-old boy injured in a Saturday morning fire is in critical condition tonight.
Fire officials say he suffered from smoke inhalation and had to be revived twice at the scene before being taken to a hospital.
Officials also say the fire may have been the result of an electrical failure, but they are continuing to investigate.
MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- A 7-year-old boy was seriously injured after a house fire in Milwaukee Saturday morning.
Deputy Chief Jack Christianson, of the Milwaukee Fire Department, said the boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice on the scene. The young boy was transported to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa.
Fire officials said the blaze broke out around 7:45 a.m. and flames were shooting through the roof as firefighters arrived.
Firefighters found the boy while searching the building.
Fire officials said there were no smoke detectors in the house and it remains under investigation.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.