MADISON (WKOW) -- The cold was just one concern for some seniors who had to evacuate their living community on Madison's east side Wednesday night.
A fire started in a patient's room at Trinity Senior Community on Burke Road around 7:45 p.m.
Trinity is a living facility for people with Alzheimer's and dementia, so firefighters were worried about seniors who couldn't get out without help.
Staff members were able to safely move all patients to another facility and no one was hurt.
An MFD lieutenant say the building's sprinkler system kicked in and knocked out the fire.
He says total damage is estimated at about $5,000 -- $4,500 in property damage and another $500 in contents.
After firefighters cleared the scene, everyone was let back into the building. The fire department says some resident rooms suffered water damage, but the residents were able to stay in other quarters.
There's no word on how the fire started.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.