Fire at restaurant ruled unintentional; pot left on stove - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Fire at restaurant ruled unintentional; pot left on stove

Posted:

MADISON (WKOW) -- A fire at a Madison restaurant Monday was caused by a pot left on the stove overnight.

City of Madison fire investigators say the fire at Taqueria Guadalajara has been ruled unintentional. They say the pot left on the kitchen stove melted and ignited nearby combustible materials.

Total damages are estimated at $225,000. There is heavy fire damage to the building. That will cost around $150,000 with another $75,000 in content loss.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.