NEW YORK (WKOW) -- Some families of 9/11 victims are upset about a decision to charge a fee at the memorial museum in New York.
The National September 11 Memorial Museum will open in 2014 and organizers say visitors will have to pay a $20 to $25 entry fee.
9/11 Memorial communications manager Anthony Guido said an exact price has not been set. Victims' family members would be exempt from all memorial-museum fees and charges.
Sally Regenhard, with the group 9/11 Parents and Families of Firefighters and WTC Victims, called the fee a "slap in the face".
"This feeds the idea of New York City being money-hungry. It is taking advantage of tourists," Regenhard said. "Making people pay to grieve is going to prevent people from paying their respects and learn about the victims."
Guido says 9/11 museum officials looked at other institutions in the country when considering admission charges, like the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum, which charges $12 for adults.
Some family members of 9/11 victims say a fee isn't a problem.
Charles Wolf told CNN affiliate WCBS: "I think if it's necessary, they need to do it, because I want this museum to be good. We've taken a horrible, horrible disaster -- in which my wife was lost -- and we're making it better."
Should the 9/11 Memorial Museum charge an entry fee?
Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far: