VERONA (WKOW) -- An assisted living facility in Verona has been cited for failing to provide adequate supervision of an elderly resident who wandered outside and died of hypothermia.
Wisconsin Department of Health Services inspectors found Four Winds Lodge failed to put an alarm bracelet on 93-year-old Edna Biederman, who had Alzheimer's disease.
The State Journal says the facility was fined $845.
Four Winds administrator Lynn Howard told the state that the residential facility has installed door alarms and has purchased two-way radios and wireless nurse call system to help prevent such incidents.
The Dane County medical examiner ruled Biederman's death in March was accidental.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.