Construction mistake starts fire at Sauk Prairie High School - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Construction mistake starts fire at Sauk Prairie High School

Posted:

PRAIRIE DU SAC (WKOW) -- Crews put out a fire in the walls of a room at Sauk Prairie High School on Wednesday.

The Prairie du Sac Fire Department says firefighters responded to reports of a structure fire in a classroom off the agriculture shop at the school at 9:40 a.m.

No students or staff were in the area when the fire began.

An investigation found the fire started when a construction worker accidentally sawed through a gas line in the wall at the same time live electric wires were cut, which ignited the fire. 

Sauk Prairie police say activities at Sauk Prairie High School are canceled for the rest of the day.

Powered by Frankly