MADISON (WKOW) -- After investigating an overnight fire in Madison, officials say it doesn't like a lightning strike cause the blaze at Waste Management.
Firefighters originally thought lightning from a storm early Tuesday might have sparked the blaze inside a transfer station at the facility on West Badger Road. Town of Madison Assistant Fire Chief Matt Wright tells 27 News investigators checked the roof and there was no damage and no sign of a lightning strike.
Wright says because it was just refuse on fire and no damage to equipment or the building, there was no dollar loss.
MADISON (WKOW) -- Firefighters say lightning may have sparked a fire inside a transfer station at Waste Management in Madison.
Crews saw flames coming from the building when they got to 2418 West Badger Road early Tuesday morning. They were able to get the fire under control quickly and no one was hurt.
The fire is still under investigation.
MADISON (WKOW) -- Firefighters are on the scene of a structure fire at the Waste Management building in Madison.
Crews got the call a little after 3:30 a.m. Tuesday to 2418 West Badger Road. Dispatchers tell 27 News there is a fire inside the building.
Stay with 27 News and wkow.com for more on this developing story.