OREGON (WKOW) – A family is displaced Tuesday morning after a fire broke out in the bedroom and caused about $125,000 in damages.
Dane County Sheriff Deputies, Oregon Fire, Brooklyn Fire and Fitchburg Fire responded to the 900 block of Harding Street around 12:25 a.m. for a structure fire.
Authorities say fire alarms alerted the occupants and they were all able to evacuate the one story home safely. Firefighters were able to save a cat, but unfortunately one dog was killed in the fire.
Fire officials say the home sustained fire and smoke damage to the interior of the residence and caused an estimated $125,000 in damages.
Authorities believe the fire originated in a bedroom and may have been caused by an electrical appliance.
The fire remains under investigation.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Program Manager Jessica Miller at 608-661-2794. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.