MADISON (WKOW) -- Marinette County Sheriff's officials say they've identified the cause of a house fire that killed a 2-year-old girl in Marinette County last week.
Authorities says the fire was started in the basement by children playing with a lighter. The State Fire Marshal's Office has ruled the fire accidental.
The fire killed Lee-Ann Arendt in the Town of Amberg. Autopsy results show the girl died of smoke inhalation.
Sheriff's officials say there was a delay in finding the victim because she hid when the fire broke out. The girl's two sisters and mother escaped from the burning house.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.