MADISON (WKOW) --- If you are having issues getting through to someone at the Unemployment Claim Center you are not alone.
Many WKOW viewers called and emailed they were getting busy signals for days.
Department of Workforce Development spokesperson, John Dipko, tells 27 news this is typical at high volume seasons for them.
They have extra staff to help with the high-volume of claims and says the will until mid to late January during this busy season.
DWD says the following tips could help.
• As Mondays are especially busy for our call centers, please call on another day if possible.
• The lines are especially busy first thing in morning over the noon hour, so please call at a different time if possible.
• Please don't hit redial as it lengthens wait time.
• Be ready to provide social security information, employer name, address, phone number and work dates.
• The fastest way to file a claim is online.
• Claimants can backdate their claims to the week when they initiated the claim in our system.
• Callers who dial through and enter the queue to speak to a specialist have the option to be called back rather than stay on until they reach the front of the queue.
They will continue to monitor the lines and bring in extra resources as needed.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.