Food left cooking on stove results in $35,000 in damages - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Food left cooking on stove results in $35,000 in damages

Posted:

BELOIT (WKOW) -- The Town of Beloit Fire Department responded to a house fire Friday after a resident left food cooking on the stove.

The fire occurred on Jackson Street. No one was hurt.

Firefighters on the scene were able to quickly extinguish the fire, but noted that the smoke detectors were not working when they arrived at the scene. The Fire Department reminds residents to test smoke detectors monthly to ensure they are working.

There is an estimated $35,000 in damages. The house is not insured.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.