BELOIT (WKOW) -- Two adults and five children are displaced from their Beloit home after an overnight fire.
The Beloit Fire Department says it started just after midnight Friday at 936 Kenwood Avenue. The family was able to escape the fire without injuries, despite heavy fire in the basement and first floor, and heavy smoke throughout the house.
Investigators say an overheated extension cord attached to a space heater ignited bedding nearby. A smoke alarm alerted the family of the fire.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.