Family sickened by carbon monoxide recovering - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Family sickened by carbon monoxide recovering

Posted: Updated:
ARCADIA, Wis. (WKOW) -- The 13 people from Trempealeau County who were sent to a hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning are recovering. All 13, including five children, were in a house in Arcadia.

The owner of the home says it has two detectors for the odorless gas, but they apparently did not go off.

An Arcadia police officer and two emergency medical technicians who responded were also treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities say the gas came from a charcoal grill the tenants were using to help heat the home. Willis Breska, who owns the home north of Arcadia, says the LP gas tank at the farmhouse was empty, but the tenants never told him about it.

The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says the children in the home range in age from 10 months to 18 years.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.