WISCONSIN DELLS (WKOW) -- A popular restaurant and golf course clubhouse is a total loss after an overnight fire.
Kilbourn Fire Capt. Joel Hammerly tells 27 News investigators believe the fire may have started in a wood stove inside Big Moe's Restaurant at the Coldwater Canyon Golf Course. The stove was in use Friday night while the restaurant was open and embers may have sparked the fire.
Crews from Kilbourn, Delton, Oxford and Baraboo fire departments responded around 6:30 Saturday morning to put out the flames. No one was in the building at the time and no one was hurt during the fire.
Coldwater Canyon's Director of Risk Management Phil Wenzel tells 27 News the restaurant will not be open in the near future although plans are to get it back up and running as soon as possible.
"It's a big loss for the community, it had such a great local business," says Wenzel. "It was a mainstay for Friday night fish fry and things like that."
The golf course has been around since the 1920's, and the clubhouse has been on the property for more than four decades.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.