BELOIT (WKOW) -- Four people are displaced after a house fire in Beloit.
The fire happened on the 6200 block of South Highway 51 at the mobile home park on Thursday night. Light smoke was reported when fire crews arrived on the scene. A physically disabled person was unable to evacuate. Deputies were able to assist in the evacuation of all residents and a couple of dogs. Crews were also able to rescue several birds, another dog and four cats.
The structure is considered a total loss and valued at $18,000. Damage contents is estimated to be $5,000. The cause of the fire is believed to be due to an overheated exhaust fan in the laundry room and is considered accidental.
The owner, Renee Pepper and three other residents are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>
A timeline compiled from AP dispatches since March shows the dreaded disease being identified in a remote part of Guinea and then spreading to another country and then two more nations with authorities being alternately alarmed or confident.More >>
A timeline compiled from AP dispatches since March shows the dreaded disease being identified in a remote part of Guinea and then spreading to another country and then two more nations with authorities being alternately alarmed or confident. More >>
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.