New poll shows tie in race for governor - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

New poll shows tie in race for governor

Posted: Updated:
MADISON (WKOW) -- A newly-released poll from The Liberty Foundation of America shows the race for Wisconsin governor even, with both Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Democrat Mary Burke getting the nod from 47% of those surveyed. The survey also shows 2% choosing "some other candidate" and 4% undecided.

The Liberty Foundation poll, conducted by magellan Strategies, was a survey of 851 likely Wisconsin voters on April 14-15. The Liberty Foundation says the margin of error for the poll is 3.36%.

Of those surveyed, 34% said they are registered to vote as a Republican, 36% as a Democrat and 30% identified themselves as unaffiliated. Men made up 52% of those surveyed, with woman making up the remaining 48%.

The Liberty Foundation's web site describes the group's mission, in part, as educating "American citizens about the Constitutional structure and limitations of governance in the Republic."

A Rasmussen Reports poll in March showed the race as a tie, as well, but three other polls taken since then show Gov. Walker leading from anywhere between 3% and 16%.


Most Viewed Content

Stories
Videos
loading...
  • 27 News HeadlinesMore>>

  • UPDATE: 7 Eastside homes, two vehicles vandalized overnight in Madison

    UPDATE: 7 Eastside homes, two vehicles vandalized overnight in Madison

    Madison Police are looking into reports of overnight vandalism in a neighborhood on the eastside.More >>
    Madison Police are looking into reports of overnight vandalism in a neighborhood on the eastside.
    More >>
  • UPDATE: Burke holds 49-47% lead among likely voters in new MU Law poll

    UPDATE: Burke holds 49-47% lead among likely voters in new MU Law poll

    MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- Democratic challenger Mary Burke has her biggest lead to date over Gov. Scott Walker (R) among likely voters in the latest Marquette University Law School political poll conducted over the past weekend.Burke leads Walker 49-47 percent among 609 likely voters, while Walker holds a 48-44 percent lead among all 815 registered voters polled.Burke trailed Gov. Walker 48-45 percent among likely voters in the May MU Law poll, but then pulled ahead by one point 47-46 percent in Ju...More >>
    MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- Democratic challenger Mary Burke has her biggest lead to date over Gov. Scott Walker (R) among likely voters in the latest Marquette University Law School political poll conducted over the past weekend.Burke leads Walker 49-47 percent among 609 likely voters, while Walker holds a 48-44 percent lead among all 815 registered voters polled.Burke trailed Gov. Walker 48-45 percent among likely voters in the May MU Law poll, but then pulled ahead by one point 47-46 percent in Ju...More >>
  • 110 city of Monroe votes will not be counted in close Senate race

    110 city of Monroe votes will not be counted in close Senate race

    The Green County Board of Canvass voted Wednesday to go ahead with recount numbers without 110 missing votes as they reassessed numbers in the 17th District State Senate race.More >>
    The Green County Board of Canvass voted Wednesday to go ahead with recount numbers without 110 missing votes as they reassessed numbers in the 17th District State Senate race.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.