Two hospitalized after kitchen fire - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Two hospitalized after kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
MADISON (WKOW) -- An adult and a child were transported to UW Hospital following a kitchen fire on Madison's West side Thursday afternoon.

According to a news release, around 3:30 p.m., the Madison Fire Department responded to 50 S. Gammon Road for a fire in a second floor apartment. When crews arrived, smoke was coming from a second story window. When entering the apartment, a woman fled from the apartment and collapsed at the top of the stairs and was transported to the hospital.

A child that was home at the time of the fire was found safe outside. Both were treated for possible smoke inhalation, and were expected to be released shortly after. A second child that lives at the home was at school.

The fire caused $10,000 in damage. The cause has yet to be determined.

Most Viewed Content

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.