Dog rescued from house fire in Janesville - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Dog rescued from house fire in Janesville

Posted: Updated:
JANESVILLE (WKOW) -- Firefighters in Janesville rescued a dog from a house fire on Monday.

A passerby called in the fire at a home in the 1600 block of Barham Avenue around 8:45 a.m.

Crews put out the fire quickly and got the dog out of the house. The animal was given oxygen and taken to a veterinarian.

The homeowners weren't there at the time. The Red Cross was contacted to provide the family of six with a place to stay.

Damage is estimated at $15,000.

There's no word on how the fire started.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.