Fire in Town of Berry caused by porch light and bird nest - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Fire in Town of Berry caused by porch light and bird nest

Posted: Updated:
 TOWN OF BERRY (WKOW) -- A house fire in the Town of Berry is believed to have been caused by porch light igniting a birds nest.

Dane County Sheriff's Office says around 11:30 Wednesday night, deputies along with fire departments from Cross Plains and Black Earth responded to the 5000 block of Schuman Road for an electrical fire, which officials believed was caused by the porch light heating and igniting the bird nest.

The fire was extinguished quickly.  Damage estimates are not known as of right now.  The smoke detector woke up the homeowner, and there were no injuries.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.