Janesville apartment fire breaks out in bathroom - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Janesville apartment fire breaks out in bathroom

Posted: Updated:
JANESVILLE (WKOW) -- A Janesville apartment was damaged Thursday after a fire broke out in the bathroom.

According to the Janesville Fire Department, the fire was first reported around 12:15 p.m. Several tenants in an adjacent apartment complex noticed smoke coming from a first floor bedroom window.

Fire crews found the fire to have started in the bathroom and were able to confine it there. No one was home at the apartmen at the time of the fire. Crews spoke with the tenant later and apparently emptied an ash tray into the bathroom trash earlier in the day.

Damage is estimated at over $12,000.

 





Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Anna Engelhart at 608-661-2767. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.