MADISON (WKOW) -- Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Many people will be hitting the grocery stores soon to pick up their ingredients. Sunday on Wake Up Wisconsin Tom Higgins and Quincey Stoltz from Texas Roadhouse were guests on Wake Up Wisconsin Weekend. They shared their recipe for Loaded Sweet Potatoes.
You can check out the video for a demonstration. Here's more on how they made it:
Texas Roadhouse Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Equipment: Oven safe pan, Knife, oven mitts, measuring cups
* Bake sweet potato in oven at 450° for 35 to 45 minutes, until tender.
* Remove at once and prick with a fork to let steam out - be careful, steam will be very hot.
* Cut a 1 1/2-inch cross in the center of each potato.
* Using oven mitts open the potato by pushing the ends toward the center until filling starts to push through the cut.
* Place ½ the marshmallows into the sweet potato
* Pour 2 oz of your favorite store brand caramel sauce over the marshmallows; or make your own sauce using the recipe below.
* Place the rest of the marshmallows over the caramel sauce.
* Put potato bake on an oven safe pan and put back in the oven on Broil.
* Let cook for just a minute or two, keeping careful watch.
* Remove from oven when marshmallows start to brown.
* Serve as soon as possible.
Honey Caramel Sauce:
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup light brown sugar
* 1/4 cup honey
In a saucepan add butter and whisk in brown sugar: do not boil. Add honey and continue stirring for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.