(WKOW) April 11, 2016 is National Pet Day in the United States, a day when pet owners can appreciate their furry friends just a little bit more than they usually do.
Here are some suggestions on how to celebrate National Pet Day from www.petdayusa.com:
1. Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
2. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to care for the animals.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells pets from puppy or kitten mills.
5. Have a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets!
6. Spend the day taking photos of your pets and then post them on our Facebook page!
7. Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
8. Purchase a National Pet Day Tee Shirt (or other gift item) here, to express your devotion to all animals.
9. Buy your pet a fun new toy....or two...or five.
10. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
Send your pet photos to email@example.com or upload them to our Facebook page today!