MADISON (WKOW) -- October is National Seafood Month and Chef Rod Ladson from Bonefish Grill made a return visit to Wake Up Wisconsin Tuesday.
Chef Ladson walked us through the steps of creating his restaurants signature Cedar Plank Maple Bourbon Salmon. He also showed us their signature Fall Apple & Pear Martini’s.
For more information, and to check out the latest seasonal fish dishes click here.
Cedar Plank Maple Bourbon Salmon
• 2 each Cedar Planks
• Olive Oil Spray
• 2 each 7-8 oz Salmon Fillets, Skin Off
• 2 TBSP + 2 tsp Maple Bourbon Glaze (Recipe Below)
• Sea Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
• 1/2 LB Roasted Carrots (Recipe Below)
• 2 each Lemon Wedges
1. Purchase cedar planks at your local grocery store.
2. Soak the cedar planks in water for 6-12 hours.
3. Lay out the cedar planks on a sheet tray with the smoother side up.
4. Spray each cedar plank with Olive Oil for 2-3 seconds.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
6. Place the Salmon Fillets in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the Maple Bourbon Glaze.
7. Gently massage the glaze into the Salmon.
8. Place the glazed Salmon Fillets onto the center of each cedar plank.
9. Wipe off any drippings from the glaze.
10. Place the Salmon in your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until done and Salmon can be easily flaked with a fork.
11. Spoon 1 teaspoon of Maple Bourbon Glaze over each piece of Salmon.
12. Serve with the Roasted Carrots and a Lemon Wedge.
Ingredients for Maple Bourbon Glaze:
o 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
o 1/4 Cup Bourbon
o 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
o 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
o 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
Directions for Maple Bourbon Glaze:
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk well until all ingredients have been combined.
3. Keep at room temperature until ready to use.
COCKTAILS: Fall Apple Martini
Apple Cinnamon Vodka Infusion 2 oz
Ginger Liqueur .50 oz
100% Apple Juice 2 oz
Honey .50 oz
Add all ingredients into a 16-oz pint glass. Add ice until glass is full. Shake 20x vigorously and strain into frozen martini glass. Top with apple slice floating on top. Add a little extra zest of cinnamon on top for a little extra fall flavor!
Secrets to shake it up:
- If you like an extra kick of ginger, muddle a few fresh slices of ginger! Or you can garnish with candied ginger!
- If you enjoy your cocktails a little more on the sweeter side add a little extra honey.
- Adding a splash of lemon juice will help to brighten the fresh apple flavors!
Fresh Pear Martini
Absolut Pears 2.0 oz
St. Germain Elderflower .50 oz
Local Favorite Pear ½ a pear
Simple Syrup .50 oz
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice 1 Lemon
Pick your favorite local pear and muddle half of the pear with the simple syrup and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add the Absolut Pears and St. Germain and shake ice cold. Add a slice of pear or an edible flower for a fun finishing touch.
Secrets to Shake it Up:
• For a bit more pear flavor pick your favorite vodka, slice up a few of your local favorite pears and let infuse for a few days for your own pear vodka infusion!
• If you enjoy a sweeter flavor add more simple syrup or a sugar rim for the perfect extra sweet touch!