Birkebeiner's organizers last day to decide race fate
HAYWARD, WI -
It all comes down to today for the American Birkebeiner. Race officials will meet at 11 a.m. to determine if the snow and trail conditions will allow them to hold tomorrow's ski race as planned.
The warm weather has really taken a toll on the trails and right now the big question is if there will be enough good snow for skiers to ski on.
Organizers are already out on the trails now to see how salvageable they are.
Still, racers are hopeful. There was no shortage of participants who went to collect their bibs, Popp says, there was a record amount of people who attended the expo. Officials have moved all skiing events originally schedule for today to tomorrow if the weather cooperates.
Can't Find Something?
5727 Tokay Blvd., Madison, WI 53719
News Tips: 608-273-2727 or email@example.com