MADISON (WKOW) -- The Edgewater is abuzz with activity all year long. Whether it is a live music concert series or just celebrating Craft Beer Week, there's something for everyone.
On Monday, Melanie Gautreau, Director of Special Events at The Edgewater stopped by Wake Up Wisconsin to give a sneak peek of events this spring and summer held at The Edgewater. Many which are free and open to the public.
Below is a list of some of the events that were discussed on the show.
Events Before Summer
- Sunday, April 16, Easter Brunch Buffet in The Grand Ballroom including a special pint-sized buffet for the little ones and Easter/Springs crafts. Executive Chef Joe Heppe will also offer some four-course prix-fixe menu in The Statehouse. Plus—the Easter Bunny will be here!
- The Boathouse opens May 1
- Saturday, May 6, 2nd Annual Kentucky Derby Party
- Saturday, May 13, Graduation Celebration on the Plaza with live music from Nuggernaut and Wheelhouse
- Sunday, May 14, Mother’s Day Brunch
- Saturday, May 27: We’re kicking things off on Memorial Day weekend with THE party of the summer featuring a free show from Madison County starting at 6pm on The Grand Plaza. We’ll also offer complimentary boat rides off The Edgewater Pier from 5-7 pm.
- Friday, June 2: We’ll kick off the second annual Brewgrass Fridays series in partnership with Door County Brewing Company. Every Friday of the summer we’ll host some of the best bluegrass bands from around the nation, including Charlie Parr and The Dead Horses. Free and open to the public.
- Saturday, June 3: The Edgewater is partnering with Wisconsin Distributors to kick off a Best of Wisconsin Music Series, which will pay tribute to the BEST bands and brews from our very own home state. You can expect to see acts like Pat McCurdy and Natty Nation while enjoying some of our most popular local brews like O’so, One Barrel and Potosi. Free and open to the public.
- Movies on the Water featuring Facts ‘n Flicks with Lakefront Brewery: a free movie night allowing guests to participate in movie-themed trivia followed by an outdoor movie. Movies will span from friendly favorites like Finding Dory and Despicable Me to classics like Jaws and Casablanca.
- Skipper Bud’s Boat Ride Nights: Guests and Madison residents can head to The Edgewater Pier on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month beginning June 13 for complimentary boat rides on Lake Mendota.
Click here for more information.