Signups are full! We've reached our limit of entrants. We'll notify eligible contestants and alternates shortly!
Join WKOW for the Madison auditions for this season of "American Idol." The auditions will take place Sept. 7, 2017. Sign up here to be one of the lucky singers to be a part of the local audition.
Here's how it works:
If you are one of the first 80 people to sign up, you will receive additional instructions on participating in the audition.
Each contestant will have up to one minute to sing for the panel of judges. No accompanying instruments or devices are allowed.
STEP 1 (SIGNUPS ARE FULL): ENTER TO AUDITION HERE.
STEP 2: Contestants are required to download, fill out and bring these three forms with them to the audition:
WKOW IDOL “FRONT OF THE LINE” PASS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The WKOW Idol “Front of the Line” Pass Contest (“Contest”) begins on 9/7/17 at 6:00 pm Central Time and ends on 9/7/17 at 10:00pm Central Time (“Promotion Period”). The time will be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems. Sponsor will have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Contest. All times mentioned in these Official Rules are Central Time unless expressly noted otherwise.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE AND TO WIN, YOU MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS:
1. By June 11, 2017, you must be 15-28 years old (which means you must be born on or between June 12, 1988 and June 11, 2002). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate this season of the Program (the “Program” refers to American Idol as produced for broadcast on the ABC Network).
2. You must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities (as defined below).
3. To accept an invitation to participate in the competition portion of the Program (currently scheduled to begin in January 2018), you must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer that you do not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract. In the event that you already have a management contract prior to your first audition in front of the Program judges (an audition in front of the Program judges is not guaranteed), the requirement to enter into a management contract shall not apply to you provided that you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer and 19 Entertainment that such contract commenced prior to the date of your first audition in front of the Program judges. By accepting an invitation to be a participant in the Program, you must timely complete and return such participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to you by Producer and/or 19 Entertainment.
4. You must not currently be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear (if selected to participate).
5. You must accurately complete, sign and agree to all the terms and conditions in our required forms. Forms will be available at www.wkow.com/idol. If you are found to have given any false information, you will be automatically disqualified at any time during the Contest.
6. Employees of Quincy Media, Inc., WKOW License, LLC, WKOW Television, Inc., WKOW(TV), (collectively, “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”) and the immediate family members (spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household of any of the foregoing individuals are not eligible. As of September 7, 2017, and continuing through the completion of the competition, neither you nor any of your immediate family members or members of your household (whether related or not), may be an employee, officer or director of: (a) NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited) (collectively, the “19 Companies”); (b) American Idol Productions, Inc. (“Producer”); (c) American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“ABC”); (d) FremantleMedia North America, Inc. (“FremantleMedia”); (e) Telescope Inc.; (f) any of the foregoing entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (g) any person or entity involved in the casting, auditions, development, production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program or any variation thereof; (h) any known, major sponsor of the Program; or (i) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Program. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
TO ENTER: Online registration for WKOW Idol opens on August 30, 2017 by going to www.wkow.com/idol and clicking on the “WKOW Idol” link. The online form must be filled out completely. The first 80 entrants who meet the eligibility requirements will be a contestant for Madison Idol. Neither this Contest nor the Madison Idol auditions are an audition for the Program. (Information about auditioning for the Program itself is available at www.americanidol.com.) Entrants will be notified by email if they successfully registered and will receive instructions via separate email on audition instructions and audition time. Only after an entrant receives an email notification indicating that his/her online registration was successful will an entrant be considered to be a contestant. Each contestant will get the opportunity to sing for up to one minute in front a panel of local judges on September 7, 2017, at Union South, 1308 W. Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53715. All auditions are a Capella and no accompanying instruments or devices are allowed. Contestants must bring to the audition (i) a completed paper copy of “Eligibility Requirements” form, (ii) a completed paper copy of the “Audition Agreement,” and (iii) a completed paper copy of the “Consent/Release Agreement,” all of which may be found at and downloaded from www.wkow.com/Idol. Contestants must also bring to the audition valid, legal identification that shows the contestant’s birth date. The valid, legal identification may be a driver’s license, U.S. passport, state identification card, school identification card or birth certificate. All applicants must be checked in at our registration table by 5 pm in order to be eligible to audition.
Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Contestants may not enter the Contest more than once and may not participate in the competition more than once. Multiple entries from the same person will not be accepted. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Illegible and incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for interrupted, distorted, or incorrect broadcast information; lost, late, misdirected entries; or entries not received for any reason. If there is a dispute over who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account identified on the entry form. The authorized account holder of an email account is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Received entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected by a panel of 3 local judges. Judges will rate each contestant based on their opinion of the contestant’s “Vocal Quality,” “Stage Presence” and “Star Quality.” Each of these three categories will be rated by each judge on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best. Any contestant who receives a 10 rating in every category by every judge will win a “Front of the Line” pass to audition for American Idol staff during the Open Audition in Chicago, Illinois, scheduled for September 11, 2017. Winners are responsible for all of their travel costs to and from Chicago, including transportation, accommodations, meals, taxes, licenses, fees, etc. Decisions of Sponsor and judges are final on all matters. If a local contestant does not win a “Front of the Line Pass” he or she may still be eligible to audition in Chicago or any other audition city (audition in front of the Program judges is not guaranteed).
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RELEASES: Sponsor will notify winners immediately after their audition. If a potential winner: (a) is not in compliance with these Official Rules, (b) does not meet the eligibility requirements, (c) declines the prize, or (d) does not complete, sign, and return required documents or provide required identification by deadlines established by Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified. Each winner may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release and provide a scan or photo of valid, legal identification and also to have any companion(s) who will participate in the prize activities, if applicable, return the same documentation before claiming the prize or being allowed to participate in any prize activities. If any of the potential winner or the companion(s), if applicable, is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, then the parent or legal guardian of the minor potential winner or companion(s) must sign and return all required forms.
PRIZES: Judges will decide if a contestant will receive a “Front of the Line” pass that allows the contestant to perform in front of the American Idol staff during the Open Audition in Chicago, Illinois, scheduled for September 11, 2017. Winners are responsible for all of their travel costs to and from Chicago, including transportation, accommodations, meals, taxes, licenses, fees, etc. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer/assignment of prize by winners permitted. No winner is guaranteed an opportunity to audition for the Program judges. Any audition given to a winner is subject to the American Idol Terms and Conditions, which are available at www.americanidol.com.
Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. An IRS form 1099 and other tax-related forms and documents may be issued by Sponsor if required by law. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the prizing in this Contest may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor.
PUBLICITY AND MARKETING: Submission of an entry in the Contest and appearance at the Madison Idol audition constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use entrant’s/contestant’s name, identity, title, likeness, distinctive appearance, physical likeness, image, portrait, picture, photograph (whether still or moving), screen persona, voice, vocal style, statements, gestures, mannerism, personality, performance characteristics, biographical data, signature, social media handles and identities, and any other indicia or imitation of identity or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade, in any medium, without further notice, opportunity for review or approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
LIABILITY RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION: By entering this Contest and/or by appearing at the Madison Idol audition, entrants and contestants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor Affiliates, as well as all other entities identified above in paragraph 6 of the ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS section, and their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, entrant’s/contestant’s participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities (including, without limitation, any event attended for audition or as part of a prize) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any misrepresentation made by the contestant in connection with the Contest; any non-compliance by an entrant or contestant with these Official Rules; claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Official Rules arising from or related to the entrant’s or contestant’s involvement with the Contest; acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity (including any audition or event) or participation in this Contest; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in any way in connection with the Contest.
OTHER TERMS: Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prize or in the administration of the Contest, whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, faulty, or incorrect transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, any damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the online portion of the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Contest whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest or any portion of it for any reason, including but not limited to, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy or impact the integrity of the Contest; or if a computer virus, bug, wireless failure, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If Sponsor terminates the Contest, Sponsor may elect to conduct auditions of one or more entrants who submitted eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date and will post notice of its action on the Contest website. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, freeze or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Contest if Sponsor concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person: (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other operation of the Contest; (b) has disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules; (c) has committed fraud or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or (d) has acted toward Sponsor, any Sponsor Affiliates, or any other entrant or contestant in an unfair, inequitable, annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from or offered or provided by any other source. Any attempt to undermine the operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and/or seek damages from any individual making any such attempts to the full extent permitted by law. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. If there is a conflict between any term of the Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Contest, the terms of these Official Rules will govern.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, CONTESTANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST (INCLUDING THE AUDITION) OR PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY CONTESTANT WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of contestants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Wisconsin. The state and federal courts located in Dane County, Wisconsin, will be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest. All entrants, participants, contestants, and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Dane County, Wisconsin, and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
SPONSORS: Quincy Media, Inc., WKOW Television, Inc., WKOW License, LLC, WKOW(TV), 5727 Tokay Blvd., Madison, WI 53719.
I agree to the terms of these Official Rules and that I meet all the eligibility requirements as outlined in these Official Rules:
Address Telephone Number
If under 18, I acknowledge that I am the parent/guardian of the minor whose signature appears above and do hereby consent and agree to the terms and provisions of this Release, Consent, and Agreement.