Car Fire Burns Siding on Two Homes - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Car Fire Burns Siding on Two Homes

Madison (WKOW) -- From Madison Fire Department:  On Friday, September 19, 2008, an occupant of 2402 Coolidge was working on his car, when it burst into flames.

  He grabbed a kitchen fire extinguisher and tried to put the fire out, but the flames were too big for the small extinguisher.

  His wife looked out the window, saw flames and called 9-1-1 at 12:27 PM. Engine 3 crew arrived at 12:33 PM with Engine 10, Rescue 10, Ladder 1, Engine 8 and Ladder 8 arriving behind them.

  Fire Crews found the car fully involved in flames, which was parked in a narrow driveway between 2402 and 2406 Coolidge Street.

  Vinyl siding from both homes melted, due to radiant heat. The fire was extinguished within 4 minutes.

  Crews entered the homes to be sure the fire did not extend to the interior.

  Upon arrival of fire crews, everyone was safely out of their homes, including a pet dog.

  Estimated loss is $6,000, which includes a small passenger car, some damage to an RV and two homes with damaged siding.

Powered by Frankly